From: Peter Duniho on
Bert Hyman wrote:
>>> For example, where do I go to get Excel questions answered ?
>>
>> I'm not sure the C# newsgroup is the best place to ask that question.
>
> Well, he certainly can't go to his now-missing Excel group.

That's true. And yet, completely irrelevant.

Just because the Excel newsgroup has been removed, that doesn't somehow
magically cause all of us here in the C# newsgroup to now know where the
best place to ask Excel questions is.
From: Jeff Johnson on
"John A Grandy" <johnagrandy(a)g-mail-dot-com> wrote in message

> Are the newsgroups being disbanded ? In my Windows Mail I "Reset List"
> and about 80% of the newsgroups disappeared.
>
> For example, where do I go to get Excel questions answered ?

Sign up for free at Eternal-September: http://www.eternal-september.org. The
microsoft.* hierarchy stills exists and you can get to it there.

From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 21-06-2010 10:34, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> "John A Grandy"<johnagrandy(a)g-mail-dot-com> wrote in message
>> Are the newsgroups being disbanded ? In my Windows Mail I "Reset List"
>> and about 80% of the newsgroups disappeared.
>>
>> For example, where do I go to get Excel questions answered ?
>
> Sign up for free at Eternal-September: http://www.eternal-september.org. The
> microsoft.* hierarchy stills exists and you can get to it there.

There are also http://www.aioe.org/, which I would expect also
to carry this group.

Arne