From: john on
I can't mount the two exported nfs directories on my file storage box
like I would usually do with prior slackware versions. The nfs-utils on
the serverside are vers. 1.0.7. and nfs-utils-1.2.2 on the Slackware
13.1 install. It still mounts the directories on a 13.0 install with no
problems. I,m using a simple hosts list in /etc/hosts on all machines.
Has anyone one else experienced a problem or do I need to mount the
remote directories differently?

thanks for reading.

JT

From: Henrik Carlqvist on
john <here(a)home.hams> wrote:
> I can't mount the two exported nfs directories on my file storage box
> like I would usually do with prior slackware versions.

I have no experience from 13.1 yet, but the things I would do to debug an
NFS client would be (on the client):

cat /proc/filesystems | grep nfs
ps -auxw | grep rpc.portmap
/usr/sbin/showmount -e nfsserver.my.net

And then of course also carefully read any error messages or warnings at
the command line when trying to mount an NFS share. The log files on both
the client and the NFS server might also contain some useful information.

regards Henrik
root(a)localhost postmaster(a)localhost

From: John K. Herreshoff on
Henrik Carlqvist wrote:

> john <here(a)home.hams> wrote:
>> I can't mount the two exported nfs directories on my file storage
>> box like I would usually do with prior slackware versions.
>
> I have no experience from 13.1 yet, but the things I would do to
> debug an NFS client would be (on the client):
>
> cat /proc/filesystems | grep nfs
> ps -auxw | grep rpc.portmap
> /usr/sbin/showmount -e nfsserver.my.net
>
> And then of course also carefully read any error messages or
> warnings at the command line when trying to mount an NFS share. The
> log files on both the client and the NFS server might also contain
> some useful information.
>
> regards Henrik

.... While I was running it, I did not have any problems... so...

Is everything as expected in /etc/hosts and in /etc/exports

is /etc/rc.d/rc.rpc running?

Do you have a firewall that is blocking things at the client or at the
server box?

HTH.

John.
--
Using the jch_box.
From: Grant on
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:19:42 +0200, Henrik Carlqvist <Henrik.Carlqvist(a)deadspam.com> wrote:

>john <here(a)home.hams> wrote:
>> I can't mount the two exported nfs directories on my file storage box
>> like I would usually do with prior slackware versions.
>
>I have no experience from 13.1 yet, but the things I would do to debug an
>NFS client would be (on the client):
>
>cat /proc/filesystems | grep nfs
>ps -auxw | grep rpc.portmap
>/usr/sbin/showmount -e nfsserver.my.net
>
>And then of course also carefully read any error messages or warnings at
>the command line when trying to mount an NFS share. The log files on both
>the client and the NFS server might also contain some useful information.

Unless it's the usual 'chmod +x /etc/rc.d/rc.nfsd; /etc/rc.d/rc.nfsd start'
that's required (once, as root) for nfs server on a new slackware install?

Grant.
--
http://bugs.id.au/
From: Robby Workman on
On 2010-06-20, john <here(a)home.hams> wrote:
> I can't mount the two exported nfs directories on my file storage box
> like I would usually do with prior slackware versions. The nfs-utils on
> the serverside are vers. 1.0.7. and nfs-utils-1.2.2 on the Slackware
> 13.1 install. It still mounts the directories on a 13.0 install with no
> problems. I,m using a simple hosts list in /etc/hosts on all machines.
> Has anyone one else experienced a problem or do I need to mount the
> remote directories differently?

Try passing "-o vers=3" to the mount command.

-RW