From: dorayme on
In article <hsjdjr$u4f$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Osmo Saarikumpu <osmo(a)wippies.com> wrote:

> dorayme kirjoitti:
>
> >> Osmo Saarikumpu <osmo(a)wippies.com> wrote:
> >> I don't see why. ISTM, that in the first case it should be red, as both
> >> would have the same origin and specifity. This would result in the
> >> latter specified taking precedence.
>
> > Tried it have you?
>
> Your pragmatism, dear dorayme, is almost extraterrestrial :)
>
> http://weppipakki.com/temp/mason.htm

Right, Osmo. You have me! I haven't actually got cheeks to go red
but let's put it this way, if I had, they would go a bit red.
There is absolutely no need to go into this further. You will
stare at this dot:

..

and you will feel sleepy... and when you wake up... quiet now...
you will have forgotten what I said... sssshhhh...

Perhaps what mason did was mix apples with oranges in the styles;
that is, have css rules in the head that were not equal in
specificity to the ones he had in the external style sheet? Or
maybe the CSS styles on the HTML page were actually inline? I
forget his post so if this is obviously not right, I refuse to
accept any further adjustments in the score against me.

Just remember, Osmo, I make mistakes, I am only non-human after
all.

--
dorayme