From: masoncXXX on
I have a css file.

It includes, for example: DIV.links A:hover { BACKGROUND: #fff; COLOR: #030; }

Some of my pages need a different set of link colors.

I assumed that style in the html file would over-ride the css file.
The internal <style type="text/css"> is working for other things.

It does not do so for the links. How come? Can it?

Am I missing some simple fact of life?

MasonC I'm wearing my SWAT outfit, bullet-proof vest and all.
From: Osmo Saarikumpu on
dorayme kirjoitti:

> Either way, the link should be green on hover. If it is not, it
> is because you ate calf cooked in its mother's milk.

I don't see why. ISTM, that in the first case it should be red, as both
would have the same origin and specifity. This would result in the
latter specified taking precedence.

--
Best wishes,
Osmo

From: dorayme on
In article <hs8svc$46d$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
"MG" <nospam(a)nospam.com> wrote:

> Lookup specificity in the spec. Section 6.4.3
> Then dorayme's answer will make sense.

How dare you! <g>

--
dorayme
From: dorayme on
In article <hs9d6c$85s$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Osmo Saarikumpu <osmo(a)wippies.com> wrote:

> dorayme kirjoitti:
>
> > Either way, the link should be green on hover. If it is not, it
> > is because you ate calf cooked in its mother's milk.
>
> I don't see why. ISTM, that in the first case it should be red, as both
> would have the same origin and specifity. This would result in the
> latter specified taking precedence.

Tried it have you?

--
dorayme
From: Osmo Saarikumpu on
dorayme kirjoitti:

>> Osmo Saarikumpu <osmo(a)wippies.com> wrote:
>> I don't see why. ISTM, that in the first case it should be red, as both
>> would have the same origin and specifity. This would result in the
>> latter specified taking precedence.

> Tried it have you?

Your pragmatism, dear dorayme, is almost extraterrestrial :)

http://weppipakki.com/temp/mason.htm

Best wishes,
Osmo