From: Art Werschulz on
Hi.

The scene: a lab containing 22 Intel boxes running Fedora Core 6.

For the last few weeks, the logwatch report for two of these machines
has reported
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = No route to host
and
YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not bound
However, when I log in on these machines, I find that ypbind is
running fine.

Rebooting doesn't help. We also tried replacing the cable connecting
one of these machines to the lab router; this didn't help, either.

Suggestions? Thanks.
From: Shadow_7 on
> For the last few weeks, the logwatch report for two of these machines
> has reported
> do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = No route to host
> and
> YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not bound
> However, when I log in on these machines, I find that ypbind is running
> fine.

Is portmap running? (RPC)

Is the firewall on overdrive? (Unable to receive)

Is ypbind configured correctly? (YPBINDPROC DOMAIN: Domain not found)

Is your routing okay? (No route to host)

Can they do other non-ypbind network actions across their interfaces?
(ping / arp / traceroute)

Are your interfaces configured?

Is logwatch reporting falsely, have the <potential> issues been verified?

ps -Al | more

iptables -t filter -L (aka iptables -L)
iptables -t nat -L
iptables -t mangle -L
iptables-save (basically all of the above)

route -n
netstat -r

arp -avn <interface>

ping <non-local IP or domain name>