From: gail on
Hi there,

I'm having a similar problem. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks very much,
Gail

Mike wrote:

No SharePoint Login Prompt : Access denied
02-Feb-10

Ok I have spent the last 6 hours googling, trying all kinds of different
things but no avail. Basically my problem is the following: I do not
get a login prompt for certain SharePoint sites (other SharePoint
sites I can get to just fine) no matter which browser I am using (tried
IE, FFox, Chrome and Safari). It seems to be to do with the ISP I am
using, but it does not make sense though because certain SharePoint
sites were working for a while but then just stopped working. I have
tried two different computers but they both bring up the same issue.
This is probably the strangest issue I have ever come across. There are
no errors in the eventvwr or the logs. I have tried using fiddler to
analyze the traffic but nothing seems out of place. I have tried logging
onto other servers and going to the same SharePoint sites and they
work fine. it is just from my location that it does not work. I really
need help on this one or I am going to go jump off a building... :P Oh
yeh the error that is shown is the following:

Access denied.

resource.

On Tuesday, February 02, 2010 6:31 PM
Mike wrote:

[...]