From: Justin Credible on
Just a heads up, if you have a credit balance on your account at the end of
the contract, o2 will not refund it automatically.

You have to request a refund via their website.

Shocking.

From: Steve on

"Justin Credible" <matt.finish(a)btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Just a heads up, if you have a credit balance on your account at the end
> of the contract, o2 will not refund it automatically.
>
> You have to request a refund via their website.
>
> Shocking.

No, I finished an O2 contract just a few months ago and I got an automatic
credit. Unless they have changed things now.

From: JL on
On 22 June, 19:33, "Steve" <St...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> "Justin Credible" <matt.fin...(a)btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> > Just a heads up, if you have a credit balance on your account at the end
> > of the contract, o2 will not refund it automatically.
>
> > You have to request a refund via their website.
>
> > Shocking.
>
> No, I finished an O2 contract just a few months ago and I got an automatic
> credit. Unless they have changed things now.

I had a letter asking me to give them a call as I had a credit left!
From: Jeremy Porteous on
"Steve" <Steve(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
> No, I finished an O2 contract just a few months ago and I got an automatic
> credit. Unless they have changed things now.

I left O2 after the end of my contract on 16 June due to their inability to
provide a decent tariff for remaining with them. They sent me a final e-bill
which showed a credit balance, but they had charged me again for some line
rental I paid the previous month. I had to phone them once to get this
corrected leaving a larger credit balance, and then a second time for them
to refund the credit balance. Makes me glad to have left!

JP

From: Justin Credible on

"Steve" <Steve(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message

> No, I finished an O2 contract just a few months ago and I got an automatic
> credit. Unless they have changed things now.

I assume they have then. Contract finished in March, final bill arrived in
April showing the credit.

Emailed them via their website a few days ago chasing it, only to be advised
that I needed to visit their site to get my money back!!

I've had problems with Orange in the past with the same thing (in their
case, the threat of a summons was the only thing that seemed to prod them
into action).

I wonder how many people end their contracts with a credit balance (however
small) and never get it back?