From: Robert on
Hi,

I remember reading a post in which someone described his frustration
at setting up and O2 PAYG phone to use MMS and internet. IIRC the
problem was that o2 say that the password is "password" but in fact it
is something like "PAYG" and the access point name is different too.
I'm sure I kept a copy of this post for future reference but now that
I need it, I cannot find it. Can anyone help?

TIA
From: DubDriver on

"Robert" wrote in message

Hi,

I remember reading a post in which someone described his frustration
at setting up and O2 PAYG phone to use MMS and internet. IIRC the
problem was that o2 say that the password is "password" but in fact it
is something like "PAYG" and the access point name is different too.
I'm sure I kept a copy of this post for future reference but now that
I need it, I cannot find it. Can anyone help?

TIA

Everywhere I looked when I when I was setting up my iphone PAYG had
differing answers but, this works for me:

APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk
Username: vertigo
Password: Password
MMSC: http:/mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk
MMS Proxy:193.113.200.195:8080

From: Tim Downie on
Robert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I remember reading a post in which someone described his frustration
> at setting up and O2 PAYG phone to use MMS and internet. IIRC the
> problem was that o2 say that the password is "password" but in fact it
> is something like "PAYG" and the access point name is different too.
> I'm sure I kept a copy of this post for future reference but now that
> I need it, I cannot find it. Can anyone help?

Have you tried entering your number (in the "Mobile phone settings" box) on
the O2 site?

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mobile%29#tab2link

Tim

From: nieuws on
On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 11:05:32 +0100, Robert <robert(a)locumpoint.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I remember reading a post in which someone described his frustration
>at setting up and O2 PAYG phone to use MMS and internet. IIRC the
>problem was that o2 say that the password is "password" but in fact it
>is something like "PAYG" and the access point name is different too.
>I'm sure I kept a copy of this post for future reference but now that
>I need it, I cannot find it. Can anyone help?

My Motorola L6 has the following settings for PAYG:
homepage: http://wap.o2.co.uk
Wap proxy: 193.113.200.195
Port: 9201
HTTP port: 8080
DNS1: 193.113.200.200
DNS2: 193.113.200.201
GPRS APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk
User name: payandgo
password: password
O2 MMS
homepage: mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
(ie port 8002)
Wap Proxy1: 193.113.200.195
Port 9201

John

**Replies to <u04jag(a)lineone.net> have a 1Kb maximum filter.
Please ask for alternate address if you wish directly to reply,
include a + in the subject line.
Messages to i12 address are normally deleted**

--
John A Green
Leigh (Lancashire) or Aberdeen