From: Jeremy Porteous on
I seem to have an erroneous email address appeared on my Nokia E71, which I
had added to Nokia Messaging. The account works correctly in Nokia
Messaging, but continues to be listed in some menus but I cannot find a way
to delete it. Any ideas?

Menu | Communication | Messaging
Lists the following options New message, Inbox, My folders, Email account I
want to remove, Drafts, Sent, Outbox, Reports

Menu | Communication | Messaging | Settings | E-mail
Only lists "Default mailbox - Nokia Messaging emai" and "Nokia Messaging
emai"
(If I select Default mailbox, the only option is Nokia Messaging emai)

Menu | Tools | Modes | Home screen applications | Email 1 notification |
Mailbox
This however gives 2 options - either None, or the email account I am trying
to remove

Unfortunately, I am unable to find the email account in any location that
gives a delete option

JP

From: IanM on

"Jeremy Porteous" <REMOVEjeremyporteousTHIS(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>I seem to have an erroneous email address appeared on my Nokia E71, which I
>had added to Nokia Messaging. The account works correctly in Nokia
>Messaging, but continues to be listed in some menus but I cannot find a way
>to delete it. Any ideas?
>

> Menu | Communication | Messaging
> Lists the following options New message, Inbox, My folders, Email account
> I want to remove, Drafts, Sent, Outbox, Reports
>
> Menu | Communication | Messaging | Settings | E-mail
> Only lists "Default mailbox - Nokia Messaging emai" and "Nokia Messaging
> emai"
> (If I select Default mailbox, the only option is Nokia Messaging emai)
>
> Menu | Tools | Modes | Home screen applications | Email 1 notification |
> Mailbox
> This however gives 2 options - either None, or the email account I am
> trying to remove
>
> Unfortunately, I am unable to find the email account in any location that
> gives a delete option

How about

Menu | Communication | Messaging| Options | Settings | E-Mail | Select
"Nokia Messaging email" | Options | Delete

From: Jeremy Porteous on
"IanM" <nospam(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
> How about
>
> Menu | Communication | Messaging| Options | Settings | E-Mail | Select
> "Nokia Messaging email" | Options | Delete

"Options" as above only gives the three choice of Edit (does nothing), Help
(shows an unhelpful page) and Exit (does exactly that), but not Delete. I am
not however trying to delete the Nokia messaging email. It seems to be a
separate account that has got added in error.

JP

From: R. Mark Clayton on

"Jeremy Porteous" <REMOVEjeremyporteousTHIS(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>I seem to have an erroneous email address appeared on my Nokia E71, which I
>had added to Nokia Messaging. The account works correctly in Nokia
>Messaging, but continues to be listed in some menus but I cannot find a way
>to delete it. Any ideas?
>

> Menu | Communication | Messaging
> Lists the following options New message, Inbox, My folders, Email account
> I want to remove, Drafts, Sent, Outbox, Reports
>
> Menu | Communication | Messaging | Settings | E-mail
> Only lists "Default mailbox - Nokia Messaging emai" and "Nokia Messaging
> emai"
> (If I select Default mailbox, the only option is Nokia Messaging emai)
>
> Menu | Tools | Modes | Home screen applications | Email 1 notification |
> Mailbox
> This however gives 2 options - either None, or the email account I am
> trying to remove
>
> Unfortunately, I am unable to find the email account in any location that
> gives a delete option
>

> JP

Just keep trying different options. I accidentally created a duplicate, but
getting rid of it was obscure AND in another menu area (sorry can't remember
one).