From: malibu1164 on
Trusty old MN_700 802.11 b/g wireless router is working fine with my 3 WinXP
laptops but without any encryption.
I will now like to add WEP or WPA or WPA2 encryption. Can I do this without
resetting and starting from scratch? Or should I remove everything and start
fresh?
The router is connected to a cable-modem and (assuming) a non-static IP.
Cable company won't help as they want me to rent a router from them.
From: Lem on
malibu1164 wrote:
> Trusty old MN_700 802.11 b/g wireless router is working fine with my 3 WinXP
> laptops but without any encryption.
> I will now like to add WEP or WPA or WPA2 encryption. Can I do this without
> resetting and starting from scratch? Or should I remove everything and start
> fresh?
> The router is connected to a cable-modem and (assuming) a non-static IP.
> Cable company won't help as they want me to rent a router from them.

This is too old to support WPA2, but you should be able to configure WPA
using the "Base Station Management Tool."

http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/6/9/b69c956c-85d9-4641-aa6f-1548391e0967/mn700_base_station_configuration_guide.pdf
http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/6/9/b69c956c-85d9-4641-aa6f-1548391e0967/mn700_usersguide.pdf

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
From: Frankster on
I'm using the MN700 now with WPA encryption. No issues. Just go into the
config and change the encryption to WPA.

-Frank