From: SenseShankar on
Hi All,

how could i launch/open a .chm file from my app(VC++ - VS2005), where in the
..chm has to open by default without any TOC(table of contents) in the .chm.

In detail,I am using

::HtmlHelp(GetSafeHwnd(), sFileName, HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC,0);

where sFileName is the path including the .chm file name.
Now, when i execute the above piece of code I am getting .chm launched but
with EXPANDED TOC, which i dont require for my functionality.

Can any one suggest, How by default the TOC can be hidden and the .chm can
be launched ??

I mean currently HIDE, BACKWARD,FORWARD, PRINT are the Menu items that come
for the .chm, how could one change that to SHOW, BACKWARD, FORWARD, PRINT
menus in the .chm by default ?

--
Thanks in advance,
Shankar G.
From: David Ching on
"SenseShankar" <SenseShankar(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> how could i launch/open a .chm file from my app(VC++ - VS2005), where in
> the
> .chm has to open by default without any TOC(table of contents) in the
> .chm.
>
> In detail,I am using
>
> ::HtmlHelp(GetSafeHwnd(), sFileName, HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC,0);
>
> where sFileName is the path including the .chm file name.
> Now, when i execute the above piece of code I am getting .chm launched but
> with EXPANDED TOC, which i dont require for my functionality.
>
> Can any one suggest, How by default the TOC can be hidden and the .chm can
> be launched ??
>
> I mean currently HIDE, BACKWARD,FORWARD, PRINT are the Menu items that
> come
> for the .chm, how could one change that to SHOW, BACKWARD, FORWARD, PRINT
> menus in the .chm by default ?

I recall when I authored my .chm file, there were properties like which
toolbar button should be shown at startup. Maybe these are settings in the
..chm file itself?

-- David