From: John W Kennedy on
On Dec 29, 2009, at 7:49 AM, DrNoiZ wrote:
> As I can recall there is no such language recognized in the whole world.

Take your hate-group bullshit and get the Hell out of here.

--
John W Kennedy
"Give up vows and dogmas, and fixed things, and you may grow like That. ...you may come to think a blow bad, because it hurts, and not because it humiliates. You may come to think murder wrong, because it is violent, and not because it is unjust."
-- G. K. Chesterton. "The Ball and the Cross"




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: discuss-unsubscribe(a)openoffice.org
For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Larry Gusaas on
On 2009/12/29 6:49 AM DrNoiZ wrote:
> but as I was downloading the Greek version for windows found out that t=
here
> is a version in
> "macedonian" language.
>
> As I can recall there is no such language recognized in the whole world=
=2E

Macedonian is the official language of Republic of Macedonia. Most=20
United Nations member countries have recognised the country as the=20
Republic of Macedonia. These include four of the five permanent UN=20
Security Council members=E2=80=94the United States, Russia, United Kingdo=
m and=20
the People's Republic of China; several members of the European Union=20
such as Bulgaria, Poland, and Slovenia; and over 100 other UN members.

It is only hate-mongering, narrow minded bigots that deny this.

--=20
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind thei=
rs." - Edgard Varese




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: discuss-unsubscribe(a)openoffice.org
For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Mathias Bauer on
Larry Gusaas wrote:

> On 2009/12/29 6:49 AM DrNoiZ wrote:
>> but as I was downloading the Greek version for windows found out that there
>> is a version in
>> "macedonian" language.
>>
>> As I can recall there is no such language recognized in the whole world.
>
> Macedonian is the official language of Republic of Macedonia. Most
> United Nations member countries have recognised the country as the
> Republic of Macedonia. These include four of the five permanent UN
> Security Council members´┐Żthe United States, Russia, United Kingdom and
> the People's Republic of China; several members of the European Union
> such as Bulgaria, Poland, and Slovenia; and over 100 other UN members.
>
> It is only hate-mongering, narrow minded bigots that deny this.

Besides that: the dispute about "Macedonia" relates to the name of the
country, not to the name of the language. Nowhere in OOo we refer to a
country named "Macedonia", here we are talking about a *language*. And
the term "Macedonian" is absolutely correct.

ISO uses "MACEDONIA, THE FORMER YUGOSLAV REPUBLIC OF" as the name of the
country:

http://www.iso.org/iso/english_country_names_and_code_elements

but is uses "Macedonian" as the name of the language:

http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php

So - as the pseudonym of the poster says - it's just noise.

Regards,
Mathias

--
Mathias Bauer (mba) - Project Lead OpenOffice.org Writer
OpenOffice.org Engineering at Sun: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
Please don't reply to "nospamformba(a)gmx.de".
I use it for the OOo lists and only rarely read other mails sent to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: discuss-unsubscribe(a)openoffice.org
For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Peter Junge on
Mathias Bauer wrote:

[...]

> So - as the pseudonym of the poster says - it's just noise.

I cannot agree more. Dr NoiZ seems to be a troll who does not have the
guts to post under a real name, hence we should not leave to much food
fore him here. ;-)

HAPPY 2010!
Peter



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: discuss-unsubscribe(a)openoffice.org
For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org