From: Johan van Selst on
Once upon a newsgroup, The Doctor claimed:
> Will FreeBSD 7.3 and 8.1 adopt openssl 1.0 ?

When there is an openssl 1.0 stable release, I'm sure that FreeBSD will
work on migrating to this version. It will probably be included in ports
very fast - and in the base system later on. I doubt this will be
backported to 7.3 base though.

Ciao,
Johan
--
Why do we always come here - I guess we'll never know.
It's like a kind of torture to have to watch the show.
From: Johan van Selst on
Once upon a newsgroup, Chronos claimed:
> The Doctor wrote:
>> IS out now. Will FreeBSD incorporate into 7.3, 8.1 and 9.X ?
> In time it will doubtless be available, either in base (*will* take
> time) or in the ports.

FYI, the security/openssl port has been updated to 1.0.0. This means it
is now available on all FreeBSD versions. There is no time path for
updates in base, but I do expect it will be in 8.1 and future release.

Ciao,
Johan
From: Balwinder S Dheeman on
On 03/31/2010 05:45 PM, The Doctor wrote:
> IS out now. Will FreeBSD incorporate into 7.3, 8.1 and 9.X ?

AFAICT, Only ArchLinux does that, I mean before anyone else takes an
upstream software release into consideration. Moreover, they have less
than 20 trusted users, who have commit rights ;)

--
Balwinder S "bdheeman" Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709
Anu'z Linux(a)HOME (Unix Shoppe) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192