From: zigzagdna on
I find that Oracle 11g takes much longer to start than Oracle 19g or
9g. I am on HP UNIX 11i server, Have others observed similar issue.
Are they any init.ora parameters to speed up startup.

Thanks.
From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev on
On May 18, 7:54 am, zigzagdna <zigzag...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> I find that Oracle 11g takes much longer to start than Oracle 19g or
> 9g. I am on HP UNIX 11i server, Have others observed similar issue.
> Are they any init.ora parameters to speed up startup.
>
> Thanks.

Define "much longer." Did you compare startup times in NOMOUNT mode?
Do they differ significantly?

Regards,
Vladimir M. Zakharychev
N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)
http://www.dynamicpsp.com
From: Sybrand Bakker on
On Mon, 17 May 2010 20:54:18 -0700 (PDT), zigzagdna
<zigzagdna(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>I find that Oracle 11g takes much longer to start than Oracle 19g or
>9g. I am on HP UNIX 11i server, Have others observed similar issue.
>Are they any init.ora parameters to speed up startup.
>
>Thanks.

Please explain why you post every question to all newsgroups and
forums you can spell, thus trying to offshore as much of your work as
possible, and getting paid for not doing your own work.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA
From: John Hurley on
Sybrand:

# Please explain why you post every question to all newsgroups and
forums you can spell

Probably because it appears to get you really riled up?

You can always choose to just scroll on by ...

From: Thomas Kellerer on
zigzagdna, 18.05.2010 05:54:
> I find that Oracle 11g takes much longer to start than Oracle 19g or
> 9g. I am on HP UNIX 11i server, Have others observed similar issue.
> Are they any init.ora parameters to speed up startup.

So what?