From: biff on
An email message was sent to a few people and copied to someone else. The
email message had an ordered list in it. Most people got the email and the
ordered list was displayed properly.

One person who got the email had the ordered list broken where the number
two for the second item in the list was supposed to start.

How could it be that the same message looks different for one of the
recipients resulting in the ordered list being broken?
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Email formatting is an inexact science and things can break in a number of
ways. What version of Outlook? Do they use an antivirus scanner on email?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

From: biff on
The version used to compose the email was Outlook 2007. The receiver who had
the problem has Outlook 2003 but I tested another receiver of the message
with Outlook 2003 and it looked fine for them.

I don't understand how it could look different for one of the receivers and
not the other.

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Is outlook configured to remove line breaks for one user and not the other?
That's usually the cause when the formatting is like this:
1 first list item 2 second list item

From: biff on
Where can I go to check if Outlook is configured to automatically remove line
breaks?