From: Andy David {MVP} on
On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 02:19:33 GMT, v-robmen(a)online.microsoft.com
("Robbin Meng [MSFT]") wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Thank you for your post and others' input.
>
>We may try to remove and recreate Autodiscover virtual directory to fix
>this issue.

Or better yet, try to figure out why its not working. Its usually
something simply like the internal autodiscovery URL is incorrect or
if this an external client, a missing or invalid DNS entry for the
autodiscover.
From: SJMP on
Thanks for the post everyone:

Andy - I did find an error (in original post) was looking for a little more
info on it

autodiscover/autodiscover.xml starting
autodiscover/autodiscover.xml FAILED (0x800C8203)

From: SJMP on
If I re-created the autodiscover VD would I need to also run
Set-ClientAccessServer..... Internal and External URLS?

I was just looking at my current AutoDiscover internal URL and it looks like
it is set to the EXTERNAL URL of my exchange server.

I am going to change the internal URL to point to the correct address.
As it is now - AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri :
https://mail.myodmain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml

Will change it to - AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri :
https://internalexchangeserver.mydomain.com/

Do I need to include "autodiscover/autodiscover.xml"

Thanks

From: "Robbin Meng [MSFT]" on
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to know are you using Outlook Anywhere? and is the server
using a 3rd party certificate for your autodiscovery virtual directory?

When you enable Outlook Anywhere, you must also configure external access
to Microsoft Exchange services for the Autodiscover service. This includes
the URLs for the Availability service, Exchange Web Services, Unified
Messaging (UM), and the offline address book.

If you do not configure the external URL values, the Autodiscover service
information provided to the Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 client may be
incorrect for clients that are connecting from outside your network. They
may be able to connect to their Microsoft Exchange mailbox. However, they
will be unable to use Exchange features such as Out of Office
functionality, the Availability service, Unified Messaging, or offline
address book downloads.

Generally, the internal URL is configured by Microsoft Exchange Setup.
However, the external URLs must be configured by using the virtual
directory cmdlet for each component.

Regarding the URL, yes, you need to include "autodiscover/autodiscover.xml"

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)

From: "Robbin Meng [MSFT]" on

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to know are you using Outlook Anywhere client for
Autodiscovery? and is the server using a 3rd party certificate for your
autodiscovery virtual directory?

If you enable Outlook Anywhere, you must also configure external access to
[...]

Deployment Considerations for the Autodiscover Service
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997633.aspx

How to Configure Exchange Services for the Autodiscover Service

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)