From: SJMP on
I am getting Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server
is currently unavailable. Try again later.

The server is online. I just ran Test email auto config it ran through.

autodiscover/autodiscover.xml starting
autodiscover/autodiscover.xml FAILED (0x800C8203)

Is there a easy way to delete the autodiscover Virtual Directory and create
a new one? Same for OAB - can I delete the "default website" OAB and then
recreate it from scratch?

THanks,
From: Fazal Mohammad Khan (MCT) on
http://fazalmkhan.spaces.live.com/default.aspx

Read the post on December 03

--
Regards
Fazal Mohammad Khan

From: Fazal Mohammad Khan (MCT) on
New-OWAVirtualDirectory -OwaVirtualDirectory -OWAVersion
"ExchangeVersion" -VirtualDirectoryType Mailboxes -Name
"VirtualDirectoryName" -Website "Contoso.com"

--
Regards
Fazal Mohammad Khan

From: Andy David {MVP} on
On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 13:41:02 -0800, SJMP <sjmp(a)newsgroup.nospam> wrote:

>I am getting Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server
>is currently unavailable. Try again later.
>
>The server is online. I just ran Test email auto config it ran through.
>
>autodiscover/autodiscover.xml starting
>autodiscover/autodiscover.xml FAILED (0x800C8203)
>
>Is there a easy way to delete the autodiscover Virtual Directory and create
>a new one? Same for OAB - can I delete the "default website" OAB and then
>recreate it from scratch?
>
>THanks,

Pretty extreme to do that for that error.
Have you correctly configured all the autodiscover settings with
Powershell?

From: "Robbin Meng [MSFT]" on
Hello,

Thank you for your post and others' input.

We may try to remove and recreate Autodiscover virtual directory to fix
this issue.

First run the below command to remove Autodiscover VD:

Remove-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory -Identity "cas-servername\Autodiscover
(Default Web Site)"

Then recreate it:

New-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory -WebsiteName "Default Web Site"
-WindowsAuthentication $true -BasicAuthentication $true

Please ensure the authentication method is identical as previous
configuration.

After that, please restart IISAdmin service or run IISreset command.

For related information, please refer to article:

Autodiscover.xml is empty Exchange Server in 2007 SP1
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3744914&SiteID=17

More information:

Exchange 2007 - Overview of the Autodiscover Service

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support