From: chrishahn on
We have an Exchange 2003 server and have recently introduced 3
Exchange 2007 servers. 1 Mailbox server, 1 Hub Transport, and 1 Client
Access server. Mail flows between internal users on Exchange 2003 and
Exchange 2007. Users on Exchange 2003 and 2007 can send outbound
mail. The one thing that does not work is external email flowing in
to Exchange 2007. Mail flowing from outside first hits the Exchange
2003 server, and then gets stuck in the routing group connnector
between Exchange 2003 and 2007.

The one other routing group connector in the organization is for
Outbound email, and is in the 2003 routing group. It forwards
external email to a smart host (mxlogic).
From: Ryan.G on
Did you create the routing group connector between the two Exchange
environments during the setup of the first Exchange 2007 server? I know
that if you do not create it during setup or use the
New-RoutingGroupConnector PowerShell command, you can run into permissions
issues. I believe that the wizard and PowerShell command add the Exchange
2003 servers into a security group (ExchangeLegacyInterop or something
similar).

From: Fazal Mohammad Khan (MCT) on
"routing group connector" that is installed when you first install exchange
2007 into a 2003 environment that allows message routing back and forth.
what that means, is if you input messages on 2003 destined for mailboxes on
2007, they will get there, and if you input messages to 2007 they will get
back to 2003 if necessary as well.
Recheck The Routing grup conctor !.

--
Regards
Fazal Mohammad Khan

From: Andy David {MVP} on
On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 10:22:04 -0800 (PST), chrishahn(a)gmail.com wrote:

>We have an Exchange 2003 server and have recently introduced 3
>Exchange 2007 servers. 1 Mailbox server, 1 Hub Transport, and 1 Client
>Access server. Mail flows between internal users on Exchange 2003 and
>Exchange 2007. Users on Exchange 2003 and 2007 can send outbound
>mail. The one thing that does not work is external email flowing in
>to Exchange 2007. Mail flowing from outside first hits the Exchange
>2003 server, and then gets stuck in the routing group connnector
>between Exchange 2003 and 2007.
>
>The one other routing group connector in the organization is for
>Outbound email, and is in the 2003 routing group. It forwards
>external email to a smart host (mxlogic).

If you look at the message properties in the RGC queue, what does it
say as far as the reason they are not being delivered?

From: Fazal Mohammad Khan (MCT) on
Hello Ryan G
i just created a scenario and as i installed the first exchange 2007 HT
server i noticed it created 2 routing group conectors which can be viewed on
exchange 2003
server and on exch 2007 i can see through powershell ! so am sure its a prob
with his conectors which are not setup properly !

--
Regards
Fazal Mohammad Khan