From: fjones78 on
Hello,

I have an Exchnage 2003 with windows 2003 and a frontend server (OWA)
in a DMZ, all appear to work fine but every 15 minutes I received an
error in the frontend server:

MsexchangeMU eventid 1040

Metabase Update failed replication 5 times with error 80070057 (The
parameter is incorrect.). Please change the diagnostic logging level
of MSExchangeMU to 'minimum' or greater to find the source of the
problem.

I put the diagnostic logging to maximun and the event that appear is
the next:

MsexchnageMU eventid 1025

Failed to rename key from XXXX to XXXX\
CNF:f3fe5e7b-2c9f-458e-8630-6aafdc06f77c under key /LM/W3SVC/1/root.
Error code is 80070057 (The parameter is incorrect.).

Any assistance would be appreciated. No luck in
support.microsoft.com or google groups.

Thanks in Advance.
From: Oliver Moazzezi [MVP] on
Is the IISAdmin service running properly? Try rebooting the node if a
service restart doesn't fix this.

One more thing, it's not recommended to have an Exchange Server in a DMZ.

Oliver

From: fjones78 on
On Dec 2, 4:24 pm, "Oliver Moazzezi [MVP]"
<o.moazzez...(a)spamfreenet.co.uk> wrote:
> Is the IISAdmin service running properly? Try rebooting the node if a
> service restart doesn't fix this.
>
> One more thing, it's not recommended to have an Exchange Server in a DMZ.
>
> Oliver

Oliver,

The IISAdmin server are running and I already reboot the server.
If not in a DMZ how must be putted the front-end type server (OWA) of
exchange? I have also a exchange server basic type in the internal
network with the database

Fede
From: Missy Koslosky on
This seems to be a transient error. See
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Exchange&ProdVer=6.0&EvtID=1025&EvtSrc=MSExchangeMU&LCID=1033

Missy

From: Oliver Moazzezi [MVP] on
Hello,

Take a look at:

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Configuring-ISA-Server-2004-Exchange-Frontend-Server-DMZ-Part1.html

It's now best practice to have Exchange in your internal network, with a
reverse proxy in your DMZ (something like ISA Server).

Missy's link points to the IIS Admin Service usually being the culprit with
your issue. However it may be due to it being homed in the DMZ and not all
necessary ports are opened.

Oliver