From: D.M. Procida on
Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

> Or similar.
>
> I want some kind of an outliner for the iPad, or maybe a working mind
> map thing.
>
> Currently this is for a website I am putting together in a hurry, so I
> can list and check off what is left to do.
> There are hundreds of them out there, but no way of telling what is
> good. I don't mind paying if it works well. It doesn't have to do much,
> but what it does do has to be pretty obvious.

<http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=15286>

Perhaps you can't wait that long.

Daniele
From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-07-01 09:06:32 +0100, Woody said:

> Or similar.
>
> I want some kind of an outliner for the iPad, or maybe a working mind
> map thing.
>
> Currently this is for a website I am putting together in a hurry, so I
> can list and check off what is left to do.
> There are hundreds of them out there, but no way of telling what is
> good. I don't mind paying if it works well. It doesn't have to do much,
> but what it does do has to be pretty obvious.

I'd have thought something like OmniFocus or Things would do. Obviously
they're not outliners, but they support hierarchical check lists.
--
Chris

From: Woody on
D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:
> Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Or similar.
>>
>> I want some kind of an outliner for the iPad, or maybe a working mind
>> map thing.
>>
>> Currently this is for a website I am putting together in a hurry, so
>> can list and check off what is left to do.
>> There are hundreds of them out there, but no way of telling what is
>> good. I don't mind paying if it works well. It doesn't have to do
> > much,
>> but what it does do has to be pretty obvious.
>
> <http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=15286>
>
> Perhaps you can't wait that long.

I was thinking more short term, certainly.

Even if that was out, it may not be the right thing for me. I have tried
omni's stuff before, and although it is generally very good, it is often
far in excess of my requirements so very expensive. I looked at
omnioutliner on the Mac, and there is no way I could justify that price
for my needs.

--
Woody
From: Woody on
Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com> wrote:
> On 2010-07-01 09:06:32 +0100, Woody said:
>
>> Or similar.
>>> I want some kind of an outliner for the iPad, or maybe a working
> > > mind
>> map thing.
>>> Currently this is for a website I am putting together in a hurry, so
>> can list and check off what is left to do.
>> There are hundreds of them out there, but no way of telling what is
>> good. I don't mind paying if it works well. It doesn't have to do
> > much,
>> but what it does do has to be pretty obvious.
>
> I'd have thought something like OmniFocus or Things would do.
> Obviously they're not outliners, but they support hierarchical check
> lists.

Omnifocus doesn't seem to have an iPad version yet, and things review on
the AppStore are far less than glowing, and seem to imply you need the
desktop version to do certain things. For £12 I would expect a complete
standalone package really!

--
Woody
From: Sak Wathanasin on
On 1 July, 09:45, Woody <use...(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:
> Chris Ridd <chrisr...(a)mac.com> wrote:
> > On 2010-07-01 09:06:32 +0100, Woody said:
>
> >> Or similar.
> >> map thing.
> >> can list and check off what is left to do.
> >> There are hundreds of them out there, but no way of telling what is
> >> good. I don't mind paying if it works well. It doesn't have to do
> > > much,
> >> but what it does do has to be pretty obvious.
>
> > I'd have thought something like OmniFocus or Things would do.
> > Obviously they're not outliners, but they support hierarchical check
> > lists.
>
> Omnifocus doesn't seem to have an iPad version yet, and things review on
> the AppStore are far less than glowing, and seem to imply you need the
> desktop version to do certain things. For £12 I would expect a complete
> standalone package really!

There's a Kanban app but unfortunately, there's no iPad version. Cards/
stickies on walls is what we're using on the current project. They're
into kanban in a big way here...