From: D.M. Procida on
Can anyone comment on some of the Tour applications listed in the Itunes
store?

There's an 'Official' - and rather expensive - �5.99 app with poor
reviews; is there something better to be recommended?

Daniele
From: Sak Wathanasin on
On 1 July, 09:11, real-not-anti-spam-addr...(a)apple-juice.co.uk (D.M.
Procida) wrote:
> Can anyone comment on some of the Tour applications listed in the Itunes
> store?
>
> There's an 'Official' - and rather expensive - 5.99 app with poor
> reviews; is there something better to be recommended?

Dunno, but BBC has coverage of the last hour of racing every day:

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/6155366.stm>

And, of course, you'll be recording the live coverage on ITV4. I guess
I could try streaming it from my mini+EyeTV to the iPhone using the
"myEyeTV" setup, but I should be working...

If you have a Sky subs, you'll be able to watch it with their iPhone
app.
From: D.M. Procida on
Sak Wathanasin <sw(a)nan.co.uk> wrote:

> On 1 July, 09:11, real-not-anti-spam-addr...(a)apple-juice.co.uk (D.M.
> Procida) wrote:
> > Can anyone comment on some of the Tour applications listed in the Itunes
> > store?
> >
> > There's an 'Official' - and rather expensive - 5.99 app with poor
> > reviews; is there something better to be recommended?
>
> Dunno, but BBC has coverage of the last hour of racing every day:
>
> <http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/6155366.stm>
>
> And, of course, you'll be recording the live coverage on ITV4. I guess
> I could try streaming it from my mini+EyeTV to the iPhone using the
> "myEyeTV" setup, but I should be working...

I prefer the Italian or French commentators if I can get them. By the
time ITV have finished with their call-this-premium-number schtick and
their interminable advertisements, half the afternoon has gone by.

Last year's Giro coverage from RAI via the web was the best I've ever
followed, but this year they weren't streaming outside Italy. I had to
make do with the Gazetta's coverage instead. They had their own
commentators - they were OK, but not as good as RAI.

Occasionally you can find a re-streamed (illegal) feed, but the quality
is often poor and they get shut down more and more promptly these days.

Daniele
From: Danny T on
D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:
> Can anyone comment on some of the Tour applications listed in the
> Itunes
> store?
>
> There's an 'Official' - and rather expensive - £5.99 app with poor
> reviews; is there something better to be recommended?

Haven't tried any of the apps, but the iCal shared calendar is free and
useful, particularly if you want to set alarms.

http://icalshare.com/calendars/4577

--
Danny T

Pages: 1