From: AC on
Day one after rolling out SBS2008 after migrating from SBS200,

A number of users are complaining about Word doc's arriving as .do_
and pdf's arriving as .pd_ which need to be renamed to work as intended.

Have googled and binged to no avail. Forefront wasn't installed, and
get-attachmentfilterlist commands in the Exchange power shell don't
return anything that clarifies the situation.

Anyone any ideas where this is coming from?

Thanks
AC
From: AC on
Thanks Susan,

There is another application that is fetches mail from catchall
addresses on a pop server that spam filters mail sent to the old sbs
2003 machine - it hasn't done this to attachments before. Configuration
of that with 2008 may be beyond the scope of this group to consider but
I may post back for help configuring an smtp connector to receive from
another machine on the lan but there are currently authentication issues
with this. I think 2008 is off the hook at this stage.I'm hoping its
just the way that application buffered mail that slipped through when
collection was turned off prior to migration.
AC