From: echaney on
In Internet E-mail Settings under Advanced tab Delivery I select Leave a copy
of messages on the server, and Remove form server when deleted from "Deleted
items."

Within a few hours, when I check the settings, both check marks have
vanished! This happens repeatedly.

Any ideas appreciated.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"echaney" <echaney(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> In Internet E-mail Settings under Advanced tab Delivery I select Leave a
> copy
> of messages on the server, and Remove form server when deleted from "Deleted
> items."
>
> Within a few hours, when I check the settings, both check marks have
> vanished! This happens repeatedly.

What version of Outlook? What operating system? Do you close and reopen
Outlook at any time in that interval between when you choose the settings and
when you find them gone?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: VanguardLH on
echaney wrote:

> In Internet E-mail Settings under Advanced tab Delivery I select Leave a copy
> of messages on the server, and Remove form server when deleted from "Deleted
> items."
>
> Within a few hours, when I check the settings, both check marks have
> vanished! This happens repeatedly.
>
> Any ideas appreciated.

Change the settings. Save the settings and *EXIT* Outlook. Then reload
Outlook and check again. If the settings don't stick then I'd start looking
at what security software (anti-virus, anti-spam, HIPS, anti-malware, etc)
you installed on your host. Some will prevent changes in settings. You
have to disable their protection (against malware making the same changes
that you can make), make the changes, and then reenable their protection to
then "protect" those new settings. If disabling or uninstalling the
security software doesn't eliminate the problem then I'd suggest rebooting
into Windows' Safe Mode (with networking) and test under that scenario for
longer than it usually takes for those settings to be lost. If Safe Mode
eliminates the problem then something you installed and that loads under a
normal Windows startup is causing the problem.

If you are using virtualization software then a reboot could revert your
host or virtual machine back to its prior state. Besides VMMs (virtual
machine managers), like VirtualPC, VMWare, or VirtualBox, there are also
self-protect virtualization products that work on your real host, like
Microsoft's SteadyState, ShadowSurfer, and Returnil. You can make changes
but rebooting your host reverts that host back to a prior or baseline state.
So any changes you make are gone.

Are you the sole user of the Windows account under which you login? Or are
you sharing that login with other users?