From: Fitzdicksn on
Just transferred email service from local provider to Windows live and using
Outlook 2002 for email. It worked fine 2 or 3 times.

Now when it connects to the server it downloads about 10 messages out of 30
that are up there and then I get a message that it failed to write the
message data and that the problem could be the connection or my hard drive.

IE8 works fine and all other programs working fine so I doubt either
explanation. I thought my.pst file might be too large and started deleted
old emails and folders and now my Outlook data will not load at all.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Fitzdicksn" <Fitzdicksn(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Just transferred email service from local provider to Windows live and using
> Outlook 2002 for email. It worked fine 2 or 3 times.
>
> Now when it connects to the server it downloads about 10 messages out of 30
> that are up there and then I get a message that it failed to write the
> message data and that the problem could be the connection or my hard drive.

In addition to Ben's advice, try using CHKDSK on your hard drive.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]