From: John on
Office 2007 SP2
Windows XP SP3

My goal is to find and delete large attachments from my Outlook.pst file so
the pst does not become too large.

Is there a utility which will scan through the Outlook.pst file and display
a sorted list of attachments by size. I could then delete the emails which
have very large attachments.

Thanks in advance.
From: Karl Timmermans on
A simple google search on the term "Outlook attachments" will result in a
wide variety of available 3rd party options. Whether any do exactly what
you're asking about in terms of a sorted list is something that you would
need to check.

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
http://www.contactgenie.com

From: VanguardLH on
John wrote:

> Office 2007 SP2
> Windows XP SP3
>
> My goal is to find and delete large attachments from my Outlook.pst file so
> the pst does not become too large.
>
> Is there a utility which will scan through the Outlook.pst file and display
> a sorted list of attachments by size. I could then delete the emails which
> have very large attachments.
>
> Thanks in advance.

So what's the problem with sorting on the Size column (in descending order)
to see which are the biggest e-mails (which means they are likely to have
the biggest attachment)? Then edit the big e-mails to delete the
attachments.
From: John on
Thanks for the feedback.

My panel width was narrow so I did not see that there was a size column. As
soon as I read your suggestion, I realized I needed to widen the panel until
I could see a size column. Thanks for making that clear.
From: VanguardLH on
John wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> My panel width was narrow so I did not see that there was a size column. As
> soon as I read your suggestion, I realized I needed to widen the panel until
> I could see a size column. Thanks for making that clear.

You can also drag around the columns to reposition them. If there are more
columns than can be shown in the current width, there should be a scroll bar
to see the out-of-window columns.