From: kathy on
when ever outlook wants to do a backup I keep getting the message that it
cannot because another process has backed up a portion of the file... can
someone please tell me what this means and what I can do about it so that I
can successfully run a back up of outlook files? thanks
From: Russ Valentine on
Outlook never "wants" to do a backup. It's not part of the program. Are you
running some other software that wants to do a backup? If so, which one? The
error message means Outlook has not closed completely so the data file
remains locked.
I know of no backup programs I would trust to back up Outlook data. Better
to do it yourself. Close Outlook completely. Make a copy of your Outlook
data file in Windows Explorer. Doesn't get any easier than that.
--
Russ Valentine