From: coltrane on
I just put a new cpu fan in my system.I am running the PC Probe to view
the cpu temp and the cpu fan speed. When I stress test the system the
cpu temp sky rockets but the cpu fan speed stays constant. Shouldn't the
fan speed increase? I thought this would be taken care of by the Mobo.

thanks for the help

john
From: coltrane on
On 5/14/2010 11:09 AM, coltrane wrote:
> I just put a new cpu fan in my system.I am running the PC Probe to view
> the cpu temp and the cpu fan speed. When I stress test the system the
> cpu temp sky rockets but the cpu fan speed stays constant. Shouldn't the
> fan speed increase? I thought this would be taken care of by the Mobo.
>
> thanks for the help
>
> john
I just ran fan expert and it seems that the fan is at 100% with the fan
at 1900rpm. Seems a little slow. oh well
From: Bob F on
coltrane wrote:
> On 5/14/2010 11:09 AM, coltrane wrote:
>> I just put a new cpu fan in my system.I am running the PC Probe to
>> view the cpu temp and the cpu fan speed. When I stress test the
>> system the cpu temp sky rockets but the cpu fan speed stays
>> constant. Shouldn't the fan speed increase? I thought this would be
>> taken care of by the Mobo. thanks for the help
>>
>> john
> I just ran fan expert and it seems that the fan is at 100% with the
> fan at 1900rpm. Seems a little slow. oh well

I run speedfan to control the fan speed based on temp.