From: coltrane on
my case has a rear fan that blows out. I would like to add a fan to the
front of the case. should this blow in to help with air flow or should
it also blow out. like I said a stupid fan question

sorry about posting this in an asus group, the mainboard group has no
action.

thanks

john
From: Paul on
coltrane wrote:
> my case has a rear fan that blows out. I would like to add a fan to the
> front of the case. should this blow in to help with air flow or should
> it also blow out. like I said a stupid fan question
>
> sorry about posting this in an asus group, the mainboard group has no
> action.
>
> thanks
>
> john

It isn't a stupid question, and it deserves a long long answer.
I'll keep it short.

Make the front one, blow in. That'll make a nice, front to back
airflow, with the hard drives getting fresh cool air around them.

Paul
From: coltrane on
On 5/15/2010 12:36 AM, Paul wrote:
> coltrane wrote:
>> my case has a rear fan that blows out. I would like to add a fan to
>> the front of the case. should this blow in to help with air flow or
>> should it also blow out. like I said a stupid fan question
>>
>> sorry about posting this in an asus group, the mainboard group has no
>> action.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> john
>
> It isn't a stupid question, and it deserves a long long answer.
> I'll keep it short.
>
> Make the front one, blow in. That'll make a nice, front to back
> airflow, with the hard drives getting fresh cool air around them.
>
> Paul
thanks