From: ttan on

Have anyone successfully install passthru driver by using command line in
Devcon?
I'm using this command
devcon -r install c:\Passthru\Inf\netsf.inf ms_passthrump
it always return: devcon failed.

Does Devcon support passthru installation?

thanks,
ttan
From: Thomas F. Divine [DDK MVP] on
You cannot use DevCon to install NDIS drivers.

Instead, use the DDK BindBiew sample application to install NDIS drivers -
including PassThru.

Good luck,

Thomas F. Divine, Windows DDK MVP
http://www.pcausa.com

From: ttan on
No wonder I couldn't install it and nothing in devcon doc said it not
applicable for NDIS drivers.

Thanks for you reply.
ttan

From: mirage2k2 on
Is BindView any better than snetcfg ... since they both use INetCfg?

From: Steve Dispensa on
It's certainly more recent and more maintained, and IIRC there were some
installation bugs related to IM driveres in snetcfg... It's been so long
that I don't really remember any more, but you'd be well advised to ditch
the old stuff if you're working on new code.

-Steve

On 6/23/06 11:48 PM, in article
C69CF723-C792-42F5-BBF9-53903EFC94C7(a)microsoft.com, "mirage2k2"