From: Claude on
Hi all

I'm trying a 4 USB ports PCMCIA cardbus -( HE 4604N from trifoo...) on
a HP 510 Notebook.
Looks like the card is not detected by Windows XP when it works
perfectly on an HP pavillon with a TI driver !!!

Any input welcome
Thks in advance
From: Claude on
Zadok a �crit :
> On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 22:59:57 +0200, Claude <c89g(a)yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> I'm trying a 4 USB ports PCMCIA cardbus -( HE 4604N from trifoo...) on
>> a HP 510 Notebook.
>> Looks like the card is not detected by Windows XP when it works
>> perfectly on an HP pavillon with a TI driver !!!
>>
>> Any input welcome
>> Thks in advance
>
> Install the correct driver BEFORE plugging in the device.
> When in doubt... read the manual.
>
> -- Zadok
> ('�')

No my friend...Normally no need to install a specific driver, XP should
take care of it ( as manual says...) but that's the problem.
in the device manager everything seems OK ( ne question mark ), cardbus
driver OK ( running and no conflicts...)
I'm in the blue...
rgds
From: Claude on
Zadok a �crit :
> On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 10:44:02 +0200, Claude <c89g(a)yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
>> Zadok a �crit :

>>> Install the correct driver BEFORE plugging in the device.
>>> When in doubt... read the manual.
>>>
>>> -- Zadok
>>> ('�')
>>>
>> No my friend...Normally no need to install a specific driver, XP should
>> take care of it ( as manual says...) but that's the problem.
>
> If Windows does not detect a device correctly (as you stated) usually
> it is because the driver is wrong or missing or there is a
> compatibility issue with the hardware.
>
>> in the device manager everything seems OK ( ne question mark ), cardbus
>> driver OK ( running and no conflicts...)
>> I'm in the blue...
>> rgds
>
> First you said that the "card is not detected by Windows XP" THEN you
> said that "in the device manager everything seems OK ( ne question
> mark ), cardbus driver OK ( running and no conflicts...) Quite the
> paradox!

Yes, you're right...my explanation is not clear enough
In the device manager panel, i do have a PCMCIA section, under which
there is the cardbus driver ( ene cb1410/851 )
Double clicking on it gives you access to another panel showing various
things such ( ressources, pilot...)
Absolutely perfect, no conflict and all and from that point, everything
seems up and ready for hotplug insertion of a pcmcia card
> Try removing the device from the device manager and rebooting. What
> happens then? I'm guessing that it will not be in the device manager
> but will run perfectly. Just kinning on that last part... but do try
> removing and rebooting.

I'have done several things...
1) upgraded to latest firmware..;
2) removed the pcmcia device as you suggested (thks...), rebooted
and as expected, Xp detects a "new " hardware (pcmcia cardbus
controller), reinstalls the driver
3)rebooted the PC
4) reinsert my PCMCIA card
Nothing happens, the card is not detected !!!
I strongly suspect the ENE driver...( or my PC who made the decision to
drive me nut !!!
rgds