From: Peter Hanke on
As I learned a new command "pfexec" is introduced (at least) in Solaris.
Is there a similar, advanced "sudo" available for Linuxes (e.g. Ubuntu) available as well?

How do I install it?

Peter

From: John Hasler on
Peter writes:
> As I learned a new command "pfexec" is introduced (at least) in
> Solaris. Is there a similar, advanced "sudo" available for Linuxes
> (e.g. Ubuntu) available as well?

What does "pfexec" do?
--
John Hasler
jhasler(a)newsguy.com
From: mjt on
On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 06:54:42 -0500
John Hasler <jhasler(a)newsguy.com> wrote:

> Peter writes:
> > As I learned a new command "pfexec" is introduced (at least) in
> > Solaris. Is there a similar, advanced "sudo" available for Linuxes
> > (e.g. Ubuntu) available as well?
>
> What does "pfexec" do?

"Rights profiles" are created and assigned to roles,
where a profile is a collection of security attributes,
then the roles are applied to users.

--
Hire the morally handicapped.
<<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>>

From: Kenny McCormack on
In article <87oceorda5.fsf(a)thumper.dhh.gt.org>,
John Hasler <jhasler(a)newsguy.com> wrote:
>Peter writes:
>> As I learned a new command "pfexec" is introduced (at least) in
>> Solaris. Is there a similar, advanced "sudo" available for Linuxes
>> (e.g. Ubuntu) available as well?
>
>What does "pfexec" do?

GIYF

--
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is
no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.

- John Kenneth Galbraith -

From: Chris Davies on

Kenny McCormack <gazelle(a)shell.xmission.com> wrote:
> GIYF

Based on previous contributions from JH, I don't think he was being
particularly lazy with his question. I would prefer to imagine that he was
trying to point out to the original poster that it would have been helpful
to provide a very brief description of "pfexec" in his first posting.

Chris