From: rf on

"dorayme" <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> And as for the HTML, well I better stop.

At least it validates.

> Perhaps, in case I am hurting your feelings, this might be a
> starting point for better:
>
> <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/masonsGallery.html>

dorayme you really should light up wour windows computer and leave it
chuckling away to itself over there in the corner and so making a roost upon
which your cat may keep herself warm.
The above page, in IE, displays the thumbnails one at a time, vertically
down the page.

IE does not recognise display: inline-block; *unless* the element is, by
default, inline to start with. So, inline-block does not work with a div. It
does work with a span. If you replace all the divs with spans in your
example (global replace works) it will then work correctly with IE as well
as with the more modern browsers.

I mention this only because Mr Mason is bound to look at your example with
IE and castigate you for ruining his page :-)

From: Josiah Jenkins on
On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 10:33:19 GMT, "rf" <rf(a)z.invalid> wrote:
>"dorayme" <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>
>> And as for the HTML, well I better stop.
>
>At least it validates.
>
>> Perhaps, in case I am hurting your feelings, this might be a
>> starting point for better:
>>
>> <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/masonsGallery.html>
>
>dorayme you really should light up wour windows computer and leave it
>chuckling away to itself over there in the corner and so making a roost upon
>which your cat may keep herself warm.
>The above page, in IE, displays the thumbnails one at a time, vertically
>down the page.

It displays correctly on my box !
Here's a screenshot :
http://www.ian-stewart.eu/irs_quick.php

Vista with SP2
IE ver : 8.06.001.18882

--
http://www.ian-stewart.eu
From: BootNic on
On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 10:33:19 GMT
"rf" <rf(a)z.invalid> wrote:

> "dorayme" <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>
>> And as for the HTML, well I better stop.
>
> At least it validates.
>
>> Perhaps, in case I am hurting your feelings, this might be a
>> starting point for better:
>>
>> <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/masonsGallery.html>
>
> dorayme you really should light up wour windows computer and
> leave it chuckling away to itself over there in the corner and so
> making a roost upon which your cat may keep herself warm. The
> above page, in IE, displays the thumbnails one at a time,
> vertically down the page.
>
> IE does not recognise display: inline-block; *unless* the element
> is, by default, inline to start with. So, inline-block does not
> work with a div. It does work with a span. If you replace all the
> divs with spans in your example (global replace works) it will
> then work correctly with IE as well as with the more modern
> browsers.

IE 8 supports inline-block just fine.

IE 6 & 7 life support is 100 days and counting, would it be worth
correcting the css for that?

At any rate, there is no need to edit the html.

<!--[if lte IE 7]>
#wrap div {
display:inline;
zoom:1;
}
<![endif]-->

[snip]

--
BootNic Sat Apr 3, 2010 07:38 am
Behind every successful woman...is a basket of dirty laundry.

⁕ 100 days remaining
From: rf on

"Josiah Jenkins" <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> wrote in message
> On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 10:33:19 GMT, "rf" <rf(a)z.invalid> wrote:
>>"dorayme" <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>>> And as for the HTML, well I better stop.
>>
>>At least it validates.
>>
>>> Perhaps, in case I am hurting your feelings, this might be a
>>> starting point for better:
>>>
>>> <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/masonsGallery.html>
>>
>>dorayme you really should light up wour windows computer and leave it
>>chuckling away to itself over there in the corner and so making a roost
>>upon
>>which your cat may keep herself warm.
>>The above page, in IE, displays the thumbnails one at a time, vertically
>>down the page.
>
> It displays correctly on my box !

And your "box" would be?

> Here's a screenshot :
> http://www.ian-stewart.eu/irs_quick.php

That is an entirely different page.

From: rf on

"Josiah Jenkins" <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> wrote in message

> It displays correctly on my box !

> Vista with SP2
> IE ver : 8.06.001.18882

And how many people are still using versions 7 and 6?

In the real world?