From: soni2926 on
hi,
are there any books anyone can recommend on how to use photoshop to
design website, doing the layout in photoshop and then converting that
into a static html and being able to work off that. i know css and
have been designing by html/css, but i've seen maybe templates done in
photoshop, just wondering how to learn how to do that. i have cs4, if
that matters.

thanks.
From: Dave on
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 08:59:40 -0800 (PST), soni2926
<soni2926(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>hi,
>are there any books anyone can recommend on how to use photoshop to
>design website, doing the layout in photoshop and then converting that
>into a static html and being able to work off that. i know css and
>have been designing by html/css, but i've seen maybe templates done in
>photoshop, just wondering how to learn how to do that. i have cs4, if
>that matters.
>
>thanks.

See whether you find Adobe Photoshop under this list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTML_editors

From: Dave on
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:12:44 +0200, Dave <dave(a)durbs.koza> wrote:

>On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 08:59:40 -0800 (PST), soni2926
><soni2926(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>hi,
>>are there any books anyone can recommend on how to use photoshop to
>>design website, doing the layout in photoshop and then converting that
>>into a static html and being able to work off that. i know css and
>>have been designing by html/css, but i've seen maybe templates done in
>>photoshop, just wondering how to learn how to do that. i have cs4, if
>>that matters.
>>
>>thanks.
>

>See whether you find Adobe Photoshop under this list
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTML_editors

should have added: and if you do not find it there,
it is not a HTML Writer.
From: acs2006 on
I found this link to be extremely helpful.

http://net.tutsplus.com/videos/screencasts/the-ultimate-guide-to-creating-a-design-and-converting-it-to-html-and-css/

From: Mike Russell on
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 08:59:40 -0800 (PST), soni2926 wrote:

> hi,
> are there any books anyone can recommend on how to use photoshop to
> design website, doing the layout in photoshop and then converting that
> into a static html and being able to work off that. i know css and
> have been designing by html/css, but i've seen maybe templates done in
> photoshop, just wondering how to learn how to do that. i have cs4, if
> that matters.

This is a standard procedure. A web designer will deliver a sliced psd,
along with the "Save for Web..." html version, to be used as a template for
a web page.

Then import that into your normal html editor - Dreamweaver, for example -
and add content to turn it into a real web page.

Here's one of the more promising links I found doing a search for photoshop
web template:
http://www.reencoded.com/2009/06/10/45-awesome-photoshop-website-templatelayout-tutorials/
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com