From: Evertjan. on
Adrienne Boswell wrote on 23 jun 2010 in

> First of all it is not a good idea to use the wildcard * in a sql
> statement. Always explicitly name the fields you want. Why? Because
> the table could change over time, new fields added, removed, etc. You
> are also making the query engine work harder.

This seems to be an axioma, since the reasons you give are only relative.
The removal or adding of fields is not imporant as long as you do not use
fields as numbers.
In a low user system, the engine load is not important, and it is a hel
of a lot easier.
So I use "Select * From" all the time, if I need more than a single
field.

GarryJones <morack(a)algonet.se> wrote:
>> PS
>> In php I can use ' and " when I have multiple uses, but in asp the '
>> seems to comment out what I want to write

ASP is not a language but a platfoem, you are discussing VBscript here.

[In Basic languages a Comment is called a Remark]

> That's correct, and it only comments out one line at a time. There is
> no multi-line comment as there is in PHP.

However, for commenting out a multiline code part, try:

if false then
end if

as long as there is no else, elseif or end if inside.

Commenting out HTML is also very easy:

<% if false then %>
<% end if %>

--