From: csw on
Environment: Windows 2008 R2
IIS 7.5

I have an ASP program that will run on the server, but it will crash on this
statement "Set oRecordset = oConnection.Execute(strQuery)" when I run in my
desktop using IE 7.

It will run from http://localhost/
It won't run from http://testserver:80/

What could cause it?

The code like this.

Set oConnection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set oRecordset = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
oConnection.Provider = "ADsDSOObject" 'The ADSI OLE-DB provider
oConnection.Open "Active Directory Provider"

strQuery = "<LDAP://DC=gpo,DC=gov>;(&(objectClass=*)(cn=*" & strUID &
"*)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)));ADsPath,physicalDeliveryOfficeName,company,department,title,sn,cn,name,givenname,mail,mailNickname,telephoneNumber,otherTelephone,extensionAttribute1,extensionAttribute2,extensionAttribute3,extensionAttribute4;subtree"

Set oRecordset = oConnection.Execute(strQuery)

From: Bob Barrows on
csw wrote:
> Environment: Windows 2008 R2
> IIS 7.5
>
> I have an ASP program that will run on the server, but it will crash
> on this
> statement "Set oRecordset = oConnection.Execute(strQuery)" when I
> run in my
> desktop using IE 7.
>

> It will run from http://localhost/
> It won't run from http://testserver:80/

Define "crash"

--
Bob Barrows

From: csw on
IE error:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be
displayed.

FailedReqLogFiles warning:

27. -MODULE_SET_RESPONSE_ERROR_STATUS
ModuleName IIS Web Core
Notification 2
HttpStatus 401
HttpReason Unauthorized
HttpSubStatus 2
ErrorCode 2147942405
ConfigExceptionInfo
Notification AUTHENTICATE_REQUEST
ErrorCode Access is denied. (0x80070005)

I tried many ways to see what other messages that I can get, but did not get
any further error message.

From: Dan on
The IIS user account doesn't have permission to execute the script. It works
locally because it's using integrated authentication to run under your user
credentials, but when you run it on the other server the permissions are
different.

Dan

From: Dan on
Sorry, in my other reply I should have said that your login credentials
don't have sufficient permissions on the other server (if using integrated
authentication), or the IIS user account doesn't (if anonymous), or if using
impersonation somewhere in the application then the impersonated account
doesn't have sufficient permissions. Anyway, it's a permissions problem,
hence the 401 HTTP status and the "Access is denied" error description.