From: "Sean" on
"John Mertic" wrote:

> Follow the instructions at
> http://bugs.php.net/bugs-generating-backtrace-win32.php to generate a
> backtrace and send that to http://bugs.php.net.
>
> John
>
> On 9/5/07, Stut <stuttle(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sean wrote:

> > apache >>> 1.3 too) runnng on windows 2003 and 2000 servers. Every
> > so offten >>> (5 or 6 times a day), I get a

> > Apapche and >>> default config files to make sure it wasn't a
> > setting I had, but >>> still get the error no matter what.
> > delete >> everything to do with PHP from the system (except maybe
> > php.ini), >> then get everything fresh from the ZIP download no
> > php.net.

> > > Yep, have done that as well, with no luck. Even down to wiping
> > > out one of my machines and building the server from scratch.
> > > don't think it makes a diffrence, but I have 4 production servers
> > > behind a Cisco content switch - around 700,000 visitors and 10
> > > million page views a month.
> >
> > Sounds like you're hitting a bug. It's not going to be easy to find
> > tho! Sorry I can't help further.
> >
> > -Stut
> >
> > --
> > http://stut.net/
> >
> > --

Thanks, but tried the bug forum -- they pretty much told me to get lost.
Really the only thing on our site that we are using PHP for is virtual
includes. - I have more robust applications running on other machines.

From: "John Mertic" on
Build the backtrace and send it to me. I'll see what I can do....

John

On 9/5/07, Sean <sbaker2(a)monroecc.edu> wrote:
> "John Mertic" wrote:
>
> > Follow the instructions at
> > http://bugs.php.net/bugs-generating-backtrace-win32.php to generate a
> > backtrace and send that to http://bugs.php.net.
> >
> > John

> > > apache >>> 1.3 too) runnng on windows 2003 and 2000 servers. Every
> > > so offten >>> (5 or 6 times a day), I get a

> > > Apapche and >>> default config files to make sure it wasn't a
> > > setting I had, but >>> still get the error no matter what.
> > > delete >> everything to do with PHP from the system (except maybe
> > > php.ini), >> then get everything fresh from the ZIP download no
> > > php.net.

> > > Sounds like you're hitting a bug. It's not going to be easy to find
> > > tho! Sorry I can't help further.
> > >
> > > -Stut
> > >
> > > --
> > > http://stut.net/
> > >
> > > --
> > >

> Thanks, but tried the bug forum -- they pretty much told me to get lost.
> Really the only thing on our site that we are using PHP for is virtual
> includes. - I have more robust applications running on other machines.

John Mertic "Explaining a joke
is like dissecting a frog: you
jmertic(a)gmail.com understand it better,
but the frog dies in the
process."

-Mark Twain
From: "Sean" on
"John Mertic" wrote:

> Build the backtrace and send it to me. I'll see what I can do....
>
> John
>
> On 9/5/07, Sean <sbaker2(a)monroecc.edu> wrote:
> > "John Mertic" wrote:
> >
> > > Follow the instructions at
> > > http://bugs.php.net/bugs-generating-backtrace-win32.php to
> > > generate a backtrace and send that to http://bugs.php.net.
> > >
> > > John

> > Thanks, but tried the bug forum -- they pretty much told me to get
> > lost. Really the only thing on our site that we are using PHP for
> > is virtual includes. - I have more robust applications running on
> > other machines.
> >
> > --
> >
> > --

I hate to ask more questions and thanks for the help so far. But going
though the process of doing the backtrace, it seems that it is for the
php.exe? we use the apache module for php, so I set the debug up to
look at Apache, however, it's not capturing the faulting module
information - is there a way to set it up for the module by chance? or
am I thinking this out all wrong?

From: "John Mertic" on
Are you getting anything?

If not, do you have access to Visual Studio ( and experience using it
to debug )...