From: craig on
Hi, my question is..I want to use an If formula based on the Grp colomn value
BU (see formula below), but it doesnt recognise the value as "BU", it just
returns the false value (value if false).

Pivot table rows are as follows
SO # Grp Cust Whse SO
311450 BQ BAKERS S 10-Nov-Tue
312385 0 MODERN S 12-Nov-Thu
312403 BU BUNNINGS S 12-Nov-Thu

I have inserted a calculated field with formula
=IF(Grp="BU",0,1)
The formula always returns 1
Thanks for your answer

From: Roger Govier on
Hi Craig

Add an extra column to your source data headed Test with a formula like
=IF(B2="BU",0,1)
Then expand your source to include the new column.
Drag Test to the area where you want it on the PT - presumably the Data area
--
Regards
Roger Govier

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4817 (20100129) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: craig on
Hi Roger, Thanks but I didnt reallly want to have to modify my source data.
Is there a reason the pivot table formula wont recognise the text criteria?
Is this a limitation of pivot tables? The formula is simple enough, I cant
understand why it wont work.

From: Roger Govier on
Hi Craig

If you want to send me a sample of your raw data, then I will see if I can
come up with any other solution.
To mail direct
roger at technology4u dot co dot uk
Change the at and dots to make a valid email address.

--

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4822 (20100131) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: craig on
Thanks Roger but I have used your suggestion (sort of) by using a different
field from my data for the if logic test criteria. In summary instead of
using a text field I am using a numeric value field which works fine. It
appears to me that formulas in pivot tables do not like text values as
criteria in the row fields.
Thanks for your help