From: natfish on
Ok that worked, but how do I get it into a table or form so that I can track
it?

From: Daryl S on
Natfish -

You must put this into a table (a form doesn't store data).

It sounds like you don't have a table with the fields you need yet. You
must decide if the new information you are gathering should belong in the
table behind your current form or not. Since you didn't explain your
business, I can't help with that decision. If you decide this new
information belongs with the current information, then you can add fields to
your existing table. In that case, you can add the new field to the form.
If you don't want the user to see this new field (as it won't apply in many
cases), then you can keep it invisible. You would then just set the the
value equal to the results of the msgbox, like this (if RadiationCompleted is
the name of the new control for the new field in the table):

Me.RadiationCompleted = MsgBox("Was the radiation completed?", vbYesNo,
"Radiation Status")

If this won't work, then please explain your business model and where you
think the data should be stored.

--
Daryl S

From: natfish on
I have created a database for a medical oncologist. I already have a subform
and table with the information in it -- it is called "case summary". I just
wanted to try to make the form user friendly without adding a new field to
the form.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:58:08 -0700, natfish
<natfish(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have created a database for a medical oncologist. I already have a subform
>and table with the information in it -- it is called "case summary". I just
>wanted to try to make the form user friendly without adding a new field to
>the form.

I do hope you're aware of, and in compliance, with the (rather stringent and
demanding) HIPAA patient medical information laws. Many have argued that
Access databases are inherently not secure enough to comply with those laws.

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Daryl S on
That means my last posting should work for you, right? Add the field (make
it invisible), and then update it with the results of the msgbox.

--
Daryl S