From: natfish on
I would like to create pop-ups that respond to options that are chosen. For
example, I have a form with a drop down for yes/no. If the answer is yes I
want to be able give the user as option to chose whether radiation was
completed or not. I know how to connect the main form to a subform and have
the subform pop up, but I don't want the whole subform to pop-up -- only one
option.

Thanks

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
Try using a message box function with the question read from the subform.
You can build a popup the same way. In the text box of the popup that holds
the option question, use something like the following:

=Forms!FirstFormName!SubformControlName.Form!OptionQuestionTextBoxName
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: Daryl S on
Natfish -

Will a message box do what you want? Look up msgbox if you only need to ask
yes/no questions. You can set the title, the message, and which buttons
(within those available) are on the dialog box. You can then take the
response to populate your data. This is a sample, but use whatever parts you
need.

If MsgBox("Was the radiation completed?", vbYesNo, "Radiation Status") =
vbYes Then
'do what you want to update database to say radiation was completed
End If

--
Daryl S

From: natfish on
Can I put this in afterupdate? when I did it gave me a compile: syntax error.

From: Daryl S on
Yes, you can put it there. Post your code if you need help with the syntax.
Remember that in posting, line breaks are added. The "vbYes Then" should be
at the end of the first line, not on a separate line.

--
Daryl S