From: Theodore Durst on
I have been trying to get postfix running with TLS under AIX 5.2.3 with
no luck. Retracing my steps, I ran postconf and get no response when
running it with -A or -a fags.

There are no man pages installed on this box and I am an AIX newbie
(coming to this from BSD and GNU/linux). So, I am, not sure if there is
a different meaning for these flags under AIX. The man page for an OS X
server tells me that -A should return a list the available SASL
client plug-in types and that -a should return a list the available SASL
server plug-in types.

Can anyone confirm that the meaning of these flags is standard across OS
X Server 10.5 and AIX 5.2.3 ?

Is recompiling with SASL support the next step?

From: Matt Hayes on
On 7/23/2010 3:51 PM, Theodore Durst wrote:
> I have been trying to get postfix running with TLS under AIX 5.2.3 with
> no luck. Retracing my steps, I ran postconf and get no response when
> running it with -A or -a fags.
>
> There are no man pages installed on this box and I am an AIX newbie
> (coming to this from BSD and GNU/linux). So, I am, not sure if there is
> a different meaning for these flags under AIX. The man page for an OS X
> server tells me that -A should return a list the available SASL
> client plug-in types and that -a should return a list the available SASL
> server plug-in types.
>
> Can anyone confirm that the meaning of these flags is standard across OS
> X Server 10.5 and AIX 5.2.3 ?
>
> Is recompiling with SASL support the next step?

postconf -A and -a don't have to do with TLS. Those are, respectively,
client and server supported SASL implementations.

-Matt

From: Theodore Durst on
Matt,

I am probably misunderstanding this, have been playing ith the TLS
configuration but seemed to be spinning my wheels. What we need to do is
encrypt communication between this postfix server (which will only send)
and a relay server on another box.

Please elaborate.

Theodore

Please elaborate.

From: Matt Hayes on
On 7/23/2010 4:49 PM, Theodore Durst wrote:
> Matt,
>
> I am probably misunderstanding this, have been playing ith the TLS
> configuration but seemed to be spinning my wheels. What we need to do is
> encrypt communication between this postfix server (which will only send)
> and a relay server on another box.
>
> Please elaborate.
>
> Theodore
>
> Please elaborate.