From: Phillip on
Hi,
I maintain a website for our church and have been asked to add several files
that are .pptx Is there a way to convert these to .pps? At least I think
thats the best options for most viewers.
Thanks, Phil
From: Lucy Thomson on
Hi Phil

Open them in PowerPoint then do a save as - if you are using 2007 select
'other formats', .pps is there, but quite far down the list.

Test the files before posting them as some bits might break - animations for
example. I won't go into the whys & fixes now but post back if you have any
issues.

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

From: Phillip on
Hi Lucy,
Thanks for the reply. I can't open the .pptx files with my version of Power
Point. Is there any way to convert the files without Power Point?
Thanks, Phil

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <03748060-A220-4A1B-8B73-BE409CC29A0F(a)microsoft.com>, Phillip wrote:
> Hi Lucy,
> Thanks for the reply. I can't open the .pptx files with my version of Power
> Point. Is there any way to convert the files without Power Point?

These would be PowerPoint 2007 files. If you have PPT 2000 or later, you can
install a converter that'll let you open them. More info here:

How can I open PowerPoint 2007 files in earlier PowerPoint versions
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00955.htm

Once saved as PPS, they'll still require your site visitors to have PowerPoint 97
or later, or the free PowerPoint viewer.

You might want to explore PPT's File | Save as web page feature to convert the
presentations to HTML

> Thanks, Phil
>
> "Lucy Thomson" wrote:
>
> > Hi Phil
> >
> > Open them in PowerPoint then do a save as - if you are using 2007 select
> > 'other formats', .pps is there, but quite far down the list.
> >
> > Test the files before posting them as some bits might break - animations for
> > example. I won't go into the whys & fixes now but post back if you have any
> > issues.
> >
> > Lucy
> >
> > --
> > Lucy Thomson
> > PowerPoint MVP
> > MOS Master Instructor
> > www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au
> >

> > "Phillip" <Phillip(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > I maintain a website for our church and have been asked to add several
> > > files
> > > that are .pptx Is there a way to convert these to .pps? At least I think
> > > thats the best options for most viewers.
> > > Thanks, Phil
> >

> > .

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/