From: Fernando on
I found the reason of that annoying, stupid message.

After pulling my hairs for several days trying to get rid of that message I remembered that at some point several days back I CHECKED the option to save the FONTS with the presentation because other people had display editing problem because they don't have the fonts of the original presentation in their computer.

I UN-CHECK IT and problem solved.

By the way preferences is located in the little tiny drop down menu in the title bar. Select "More Commands/SAVE/Preserve fidelity"
GOOD LUCK

how can I turn off message "Press escape key to cancel saving doc"
dozze posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 4:34 PM

When working with 2007 Power Point and when I save my changes to the
presentation there is a message asking me:
can I turn it off? I cannot find preferences either. Thanks!

dozze wrote:

how can I turn off message "Press escape key to cancel saving doc"
30-Aug-07

When working with 2007 Power Point and when I save my changes to the
presentation there is a message asking me:
"Press the excape key to cancel saving this document". I hate this! How

dozze wrote:

how can I turn off message "Press escape key to cancel saving doc"
When working with 2007 Power Point and when I save my changes to the
presentation there is a message asking me:
"Press the excape key to cancel saving this document". I hate this! How
can I turn it off? I cannot find preferences either. Thanks!

On Thursday, August 30, 2007 5:42 PM
dozze wrote:

Steve, no add ins...just the usual built in security stuff...
Steve, no add ins...just the usual built in security stuff...do you know
where I can find "Tools - Preferences". Maybe I can turn it off
there....thanks.

"Steve Rindsberg" wrote:

On Friday, August 31, 2007 7:50 AM
john AT technologytrish.co DOT uk wrote:

"preferences" are in Office Button (the big one) PowerPoint Options > Advanced
"preferences" are in Office Button (the big one) PowerPoint Options >
Advanced but I've never seen the "feature" you mention.
--
Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials-
http://www.PPTAlchemy.co.uk

"dozzer" wrote:

On Friday, August 31, 2007 8:55 AM
Shyam Pillai wrote:

This will only pop up if the the presentation is taking time to save the
This will only pop up if the the presentation is taking time to save the
document. I haven't found a way to stop it from popping up, yet.

--
Regards,
Shyam Pillai

Image Importer Wizard
http://skp.mvps.org/iiw.htm

"dozzer" <dozzer(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Friday, August 31, 2007 9:12 PM
Shyam Pillai wrote:

I've seen it often when saving a file in compatibilty mode if presentations
I've seen it often when saving a file in compatibilty mode if presentations
has several PPT 2007 features. Apart from that haven't pinpointed a cause.
It's a pain since I've seen it pop on top of active dialogs of add-ins.

--
Regards,
Shyam Pillai

Animation Carbon: Copy/Paste/Share animation libraries.
www.animationcarbon.com

"Steve Rindsberg" <abuse(a)localhost.com> wrote in message

On Monday, September 03, 2007 2:09 AM
Steve Rindsberg wrote:

Re: how can I turn off message "Press escape key to cancel saving doc"
In article <31A9D9D9-EF1A-4F9D-A295-1A58BF56EC8A(a)microsoft.com>, Dozzer wrote:

It sounds as though you may have some kind of add-in installed that's bringing
up this message. Might that be the case?

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com

Steve Rindsberg wrote:

Re: how can I turn off message "Press escape key to cancel saving
In article <495A4189-D487-4DA1-B1DC-451AC5A90118(a)microsoft.com>, Shyam Pillai
wrote:

Interesting ... I've never seen that, even when saving fairly large files over
a network.

I wonder what triggers it? Network timeouts mid-save or something like that?

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com

On Monday, September 03, 2007 2:10 AM
Steve Rindsberg wrote:

Re: how can I turn off message "Press escape key to cancel saving
In article <uzFM#UD7HHA.3624(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Shyam Pillai wrote:

Thanks. Hey, if you haven't already, do send a report to Mr. B.

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com

On Monday, September 03, 2007 4:16 PM
dozze wrote:

Thanks All...At least I am not the only one seeing this "MS Feature".
Thanks All...At least I am not the only one seeing this "MS Feature". And, I
was saving to a jump drive rather than my hard drive...I usually do not do
this but needed in this instance. Maybe that is the problem, although I do
think it should be looked at by MS...This message is not needed at all.

Thanks again.

Server Side Processing in ADO.NET/WCF Data Services
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/db179aed-47fa-4f86-a4bf-4f6f92a76585/server-side-processing-in.aspx
From: Gordon on

"Fernando Herrera" wrote in message news:201061172559ferher3(a)live.com...
> I found the reason of that annoying, stupid message.
>
> how can I turn off message "Press escape key to cancel saving doc"
> dozze posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 4:34 PM

Goody! Only a few hours left for the hooplehead idiots who reply to posts
THREE YEARS OLD.....