From: TJ on
Hi,
Working in PPT 2007 on Windows XP.

When copying slides from one presentation to another, I would like to
prevent users from possibly pasting in any master slides from the source file
as well. (This happens if they chose "Keep source formatting" when they
paste- instead of "Use destination theme").

Is there a way to prevent new masters from being pasted in? Lock down the
masters somehow? Thanks for you help.

TJ
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <67EA49F3-9D81-4122-9DB2-45EE6DE746EA(a)microsoft.com>, Tj wrote:
> Hi,
> Working in PPT 2007 on Windows XP.
>
> When copying slides from one presentation to another, I would like to
> prevent users from possibly pasting in any master slides from the source file
> as well. (This happens if they chose "Keep source formatting" when they
> paste- instead of "Use destination theme").
>
> Is there a way to prevent new masters from being pasted in? Lock down the
> masters somehow?

None that I'm aware of. An add-in installed on each user's PC might be able to
help with this, but I suspect it'd be a tricky li'l devil to code.

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/