From: svt4cobra6 on
Hi I have a task that I split because I need to assign different resources to
the task during different times, for example I have two summer hires so will
asign the task to them only through the summer and to someone else for all
other parts of the year. The task runs Jan 2011 to Jan 2012.
Thanks
From: Jim Aksel on
You can do this without splitting the task. Assign "Worker", Student1,
Student2 to the task. Go to the task in Task Usage View. For that task you
will see all three workers listed. You may change the value of Work on the
right side of the sheet.

If necessary, you can change the timescale by right clicking.
--
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim Aksel, MVP

Check out my blog for more information:
http://www.msprojectblog.com

From: lostminder on
Open Resource Sheet View, double click on the Summer Helpers resource to open
Resource Information dialog box, define Resource Availability by filling out
Available From and Available To cells, then click Change Working Time,
Exception tab to define the dates Summer Helpers don't work. You need to
define two nonworking period segments, the first one is from 01/01/2010 of
your task to the date before Summer Helpers become available, the second one
is from the date when Summer Helpers are non-available to 12/31/2010.
You need to go through the above steps to define Resource Availability and
Exceptions for Non-Summer Helpers. In Resource Availability, you fill out two
sets of Available from and Availabe to, then define one exception for the
period when Summer Helpers work.
After you have completed the steps to define the availabilities of all your
resources, then assign them to the task. You can check your resource
assignment by opening Resource Usage view.
You don't need to split your task in this way.

From: svt4cobra6 on
ok thanks, it worked. Also just wondering if you know if you can set a
workers range of availability, possibly in the resource sheet? For example
students are only available from June1 through Sept1, thanks.

From: lostminder on
You need to double click your resource name in Resource Sheet view to open
Resource Information dialog box, then do it from there.