From: Keith G Hicks on
I'm running OL 2003 on 2 machines right now. My main PC and my laptop. When
I'm away I move my pst file over to my laptop and then back to my main
machine afterwards. I'm considering building a new machine with W7 on it and
either OL 2007 or 2010 (if I decide to wait until that's out). I'm wondering
if I'm going to have a problem moving the pst file between machines. Is
there some sort of pst compatibility setting (like there is with MS Access
that lets you set an mdb to A2k format) that will let you set it to a lower
version format but will still work with higher versions. Seems logical as
I'm sure there are others who would encounter this issue but it occurred to
me that I'd better ask to be safe!

Thanks,

Keith

From: LD55ZRA on
Yep. you will need to change the formats of pst files between Office 2003
version and Office 2007 version. I could give you my own steps but since
Microsoft has its own way of doing, I suggest you better read this article:

<http://support.Microsoft.com/kb/830336>

hth

From: Keith G Hicks on
Unless I'm missing something that article says that 2003 and 2007 are the
same. It shows how to move between 2003/2007 and 97-2002 versions. So I
guess that if I go with 2007 I won't have to do anything regarding
compatibility. But does anyone know about 2010? It's in beta obviously and
should be out in the next couple of months so I figure someone ought to
know.

From: Gordon on

> Unless I'm missing something that article says that 2003 and 2007 are the
> same. It shows how to move between 2003/2007 and 97-2002 versions. So I
> guess that if I go with 2007 I won't have to do anything regarding
> compatibility. But does anyone know about 2010? It's in beta obviously and
> should be out in the next couple of months so I figure someone ought to
> know.

Office 2010 forums:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010

From: Keith G Hicks on
Thanks. I'll check that out.

Are you kidding? Is MS getting away from the usenet newsgroups too? I really
dislike the web forums. I know they are fancier but they are so cumbersome
to use by comparison!

"Gordon" <gordonbparker(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Keith G Hicks" <krh(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Unless I'm missing something that article says that 2003 and 2007 are the
>> same. It shows how to move between 2003/2007 and 97-2002 versions. So I
>> guess that if I go with 2007 I won't have to do anything regarding
>> compatibility. But does anyone know about 2010? It's in beta obviously
>> and should be out in the next couple of months so I figure someone ought
>> to know.
>>

> Office 2010 forums:
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010
>

 |  Next  |  Last