From: uisken on
Like other webs, my web contains multiple levels.
Level 1
Level 2
Level 3, etc.
When I publish a file from Level 2 of my local site, I expect it to publish
to Level 2 of the remote site; but it publishes it to Level 1 of the remote
site. I have the remote site showing Level 2 files when I publish. But if I
'drag' the file from Level 2 local to level 2 remote in the publish window,
it works fine. What am I missing here?

From: Stefan B Rusynko on
Are these folder or FP subwebs, and are you using FP to publish in http mode (or FTP)
- If they are subwebs you open the local subweb in FP and publish to the corresponding subweb online using Remote Site Properties to
select the location
(or open the root web and Publish is setting Remote Site Properties to include subwebs)
- If they are just folders and you are using drag and drop in the Remote Site View, Both sides need to be selected to the same
folder level (showing the same view)

From: uisken on
I think they are simply folders in the web, but is there any way to tell if
they are folders or subwebs?

From: Stefan B Rusynko on
If you have your root web open and can see the contents of the folder in Folder List or View
- they are not Subwebs

From: uisken on
OK, based on that answer, they are simply folders (not subwebs). When I
selected both sides to the same folder level, I can use drag and drop and it
works fine. But in the same view, if I select a file on my local site and
then choose Publish Selected Files, the file ends up in the root level; it
doesn't go to the same folder level that is selected on both sides.