From: uisken on
I have a root web with 2 subsites under it. When I select a file from a
subsite and publish it to the subsite on the web, the file is published to
the root web, not the subsite. I can use copy and paste successfully, but if
I want to publish a multitude of files from the subsite, this is burdensome.
From: Stefan B Rusynko on
When you have the subweb open in FP
Do Not use the Publish button
- it remembers the last publish location (probably your root)
Switch to Remote Site View, and select Remote Site Properties
- make sure you have the remote site selected as your subweb URL

If you see the Subweb in the right pane (remote site) then it will publish there and not to the root