From: Kenneth Tilton on
The qooxlisp apropos example can now actually be run here (ignore the
site name):

http://www.teamalgebra.com/

For additional laughs, the server is running on a $2/day Amazon EC2
Fedora Core 8. So it might disappear spontaneously.

Unfortunately I am intermittently having FireFox/IE* not want to
acknowledge when I hit Enter, in which case you won't be able to play
much. I'll investigate and/or put the search button back in to beat the
thing into submission.

kt

* I just got a report of a Chrome user having the same problem, so I am
starting to think I am sometimes** sending the JS over such that it runs
in the wrong order.

** Cells by default orders non-deterministically. There is a mechanism
for corralling the beast where this pisses off an external library, but
these cases have to be identified and coded for. Methinks I have such a
case -- browsers that generally do not work have been observed to work.
Then not again.

kt

--
http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
"The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Kenneth Tilton wrote:

> The qooxlisp apropos example can now actually be run here (ignore the
> site name):
>
> http://www.teamalgebra.com/
>
> For additional laughs, the server is running on a $2/day Amazon EC2
> Fedora Core 8. So it might disappear spontaneously.
>
> Unfortunately I am intermittently having FireFox/IE* not want to
> acknowledge when I hit Enter, in which case you won't be able to play
> much. I'll investigate and/or put the search button back in to beat the
> thing into submission.

A ca. 3 MiB(!) download thanks to 344 HTTP requests (including 333(!)
requests for script resources, which amount to ca. 3 MiB) that takes 1 min
48 s(!) to load on a very broad Internet connection and a considerably fast
system. And when it has finally loaded it shows only a simple form that
stalls Iceweasel (Firefox): "A script on this page may be busy, or it may
have stopped respnding ...". And you are saying this is but an *example*?

Either you are not serious or you are completely nuts.

In any case, thanks for showing us why not to use qooxdoo and code based on
it.

PointedEars
From: Kenneth Tilton on
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Kenneth Tilton wrote:
>
>> The qooxlisp apropos example can now actually be run here (ignore the
>> site name):
>>
>> http://www.teamalgebra.com/
>>
>> For additional laughs, the server is running on a $2/day Amazon EC2
>> Fedora Core 8. So it might disappear spontaneously.
>>
>> Unfortunately I am intermittently having FireFox/IE* not want to
>> acknowledge when I hit Enter, in which case you won't be able to play
>> much. I'll investigate and/or put the search button back in to beat the
>> thing into submission.
>
> A ca. 3 MiB(!) download

Wow, I better do a "release build" after all. Stay tuned.

> thanks to 344 HTTP requests (including 333(!)
> requests for script resources, which amount to ca. 3 MiB) that takes 1 min
> 48 s(!) to load on a very broad Internet connection and a considerably fast
> system.

I can load in 4-5s. Sometimes a browser and my (lisp) server do not get
along and the server feeds files in a trickle, like 3/sec. Have not
figured out what that is all about, but resetting the browser works (at
least for Safari).

> And when it has finally loaded it shows only a simple form that
> stalls Iceweasel (Firefox): "A script on this page may be busy, or it may
> have stopped respnding ...". And you are saying this is but an *example*?
>
> Either you are not serious or you are completely nuts.
>
> In any case, thanks for showing us why not to use qooxdoo and code based on
> it.

It's what I live for, confirming your unthinking prejudices.

kt

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Kenneth Tilton wrote:

> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> Kenneth Tilton wrote:
>>> The qooxlisp apropos example can now actually be run here (ignore the
>>> site name):
>>>
>>> http://www.teamalgebra.com/
>>> [...]
>>
>> A ca. 3 MiB(!) download
>
> Wow, I better do a "release build" after all. Stay tuned.

That wouldn't increase the overall code quality, would it?

>> thanks to 344 HTTP requests (including 333(!)
>> requests for script resources, which amount to ca. 3 MiB) that takes 1
>> min 48 s(!) to load on a very broad Internet connection and a
>> considerably fast system.
>
> I can load in 4-5s. [...]

I hate to break this to you, stupid, but you are really not alone on the Net
or on client systems. Loading 3 MiB in 4 to 5 seconds requires a constant
transfer rate of 614.5 to 768 KiB/s (not kbps; you may want to look up
common transfer rates, especially on mobiles). Good luck finding someone to
save all their bandwidth for your crappy scripts (you're going to need it).

PointedEars
From: Andrew Poulos on
On 8/06/2010 7:17 AM, Kenneth Tilton wrote:
> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> Kenneth Tilton wrote:
>>
>>> The qooxlisp apropos example can now actually be run here (ignore the
>>> site name):
>>>
>>> http://www.teamalgebra.com/
>>>
>>> For additional laughs, the server is running on a $2/day Amazon EC2
>>> Fedora Core 8. So it might disappear spontaneously.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately I am intermittently having FireFox/IE* not want to
>>> acknowledge when I hit Enter, in which case you won't be able to play
>>> much. I'll investigate and/or put the search button back in to beat the
>>> thing into submission.
>>
>> A ca. 3 MiB(!) download
>
> Wow, I better do a "release build" after all. Stay tuned.
>
>> thanks to 344 HTTP requests (including 333(!) requests for script
>> resources, which amount to ca. 3 MiB) that takes 1 min 48 s(!) to load
>> on a very broad Internet connection and a considerably fast system.
>
> I can load in 4-5s. Sometimes a browser and my (lisp) server do not get
> along and the server feeds files in a trickle, like 3/sec. Have not
> figured out what that is all about, but resetting the browser works (at
> least for Safari).

I'm on ADSL 2+ and it took 1 minute and 21 seconds and when it finally
loaded nothing would responded. A "spontaneous" disappearance may not be
such a bad thing for it.

Andrew Poulos