From: charles on
Dear group,

We are currently on Oracle 10.2.0.4 Oracle RAC on RedHat Linux. We
are about to upgrade to 11gR2.

According Oracle document,

Prior to upgrading to Oracle RAC 11g, the Oracle Clusterware must be
at least version 10.2.0.3 or 10.2.0.2 with CRS Bundle Patch #2
(reference Bug 5256865) if you would like to do a rolling upgrade. The
10.2.0.3 patchset (5337014) can be downloaded from Oracle Metalink.

Our CRS is at 10.2.0.4, so we should not need to upgrade our
clusterware, am i right? And CRS 11.2 is nowhere to be found anyway.

Your suggestion is highly appreciated.

From: Mladen Gogala on
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:23:50 -0700, charles wrote:

> Our CRS is at 10.2.0.4, so we should not need to upgrade our
> clusterware, am i right? And CRS 11.2 is nowhere to be found anyway.
>
> Your suggestion is highly appreciated.

CRS 11.2 is on the same OTN location as is the database itself. I
upgraded the CRS and it went well, without a glitch. The only annoying
thing is that now you have to ask the network administrator for yet
another IP address, in addition to the virtual IP's.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com
From: charles on

> CRS 11.2 is on the same OTN location as is the database itself. I
> upgraded the CRS and it went well, without a glitch. The only annoying
> thing is that now you have to ask the network administrator for yet
> another IP address, in addition to the virtual IP's.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

Thanks very much for your help.

I noticed that CRS for 11gR2 is now support ASM cluster file system,
we are currently using ASM disks currently, do you see any advantage
to convert to ASM cluster file system during the upgrade?

From: Mladen Gogala on
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:16:15 -0700, charles wrote:

> I noticed that CRS for 11gR2 is now support ASM cluster file system, we
> are currently using ASM disks currently, do you see any advantage to
> convert to ASM cluster file system during the upgrade?

I don't understand the question. You are using ASM currently and you are
asking me whether I see any advantage from converting to ASM?

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com
From: Frank van Bortel on
On 06/12/2010 02:21 AM, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:16:15 -0700, charles wrote:
>

>> I noticed that CRS for 11gR2 is now support ASM cluster file system, we
>> are currently using ASM disks currently, do you see any advantage to
>> convert to ASM cluster file system during the upgrade?
>
> I don't understand the question. You are using ASM currently and you are
> asking me whether I see any advantage from converting to ASM?

ASM to ASM cluster

--

Regards,

Frank van Bortel