From: Laura Pearson on
Brian thanks for the 3 image posting locations. I went to xsolive as you
suggested and I'm stumped just looking at the page. I would love to post an
image, but can't find directions on how to do this?

I viewed Slipsticks tutorial on merging pst, but that is not my problem.
When I received my emails from send/receive, I am getting duplicate emails in
my 1(one) Inbox.

I have tried going to File>Open>Outlook DataFile and I don't see what is on
Slipsticks tutorial - mine is completely different. I have watched the (very
fast speaking) tutorial 8 times now, trying to catch new info on where the
instructer is and I can't figure it out. (sigh . . . . .) I'm beginning to
think I'll never get this fixed. Meanwhile, my outbox is holding all
outgoing emails, but I can received emails. I've tried clicking on the
send/receive but nothing goes out.

help?

--
Laura P

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Brian thanks for the 3 image posting locations. I went to xsolive as you
> suggested and I'm stumped just looking at the page. I would love to post an
> image, but can't find directions on how to do this?

Right at the top of the XSOLive Outlook Screen Shot web page is the statement
"pictures to help identify Outlook problems. Login using one of the following
usernames: demo\test, demo\newuser, or demo\spsuser. Password Xsolive2007"
So, click the "Sign In" link are the very top right of the page just to the
left of the blue question mark and enter one of those usernames ("demo\test",
"demo\newuser" or "demo\spsuser" and the password "Xsolive2007". Then you can
post your screen shot by clicking the down arrow just to the right of "Upload"
and choosing "Upload Picture".
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Laura Pearson on
thanks for the directions to Xoslive, I posted my picture. Now how do you see
it? It is titled Outlook Data File

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Brian, I have followed your instructions to make my screenshot a jpeg and
> now
> (for the second time) I don't understand where the url is that I can lead
> you
> to my pic? I posted it (today 5/27/10 at 4 pm est ) named file Outlook Data
> File shows no dup pst.

As Diane already explained, what your screen shot shows is a folder named
Accounts and a PST file named Outlook.pst, but you can't see the ".pst:" part
because you have Windows configured to hide the file types of known files.
You didn't choose this configuration yourself; it's Windows' default
configuration. If you want to see the file types, in Windows Explorer, click
Organize>Folder Options>View, uncheck the box labeled "Hide extensions for
known file types" and click OK.

Since the folder your screen shot shows contains only one PST, I suspect
that's the one Outlook is using currently and you don't need to open it again.

Where are you seeing the duplicate mail? Please describe your problem in
detail. Your original post wasn't very clear.

> I need someone to talk me thru this on the phone . . . . .. . .sigh

I don't think that's going to happen.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]